Saturday, December 24, 2011

XMAS UPDATE!

WELL!!!!........i've been a stranger! finishing out those training classes was exhausting. I learned a lot but i was definately ready to get some hands on. To finally apply all of the knowledge i've learned.

This past thursday was first day on the floor.  I LOVED IT. I started 4 iv's and did some other cool procedures. Its so funny how when you're in nursing school, these things are so daunting and scary and now I feel so much more confident doing things. I'm still a novice and have so many questions, but I feel empowered by my knowledge and feel like i will become a great nurse sooner rather than later!

I already saw some sad things, some happy things, and some overwhelming things. This will be my life from here on out. I cannot wait.

Well its christmas eve.....i had a lovely dinner at April and Marcos' house. A real italian feast :) I thank them for letting into their family celebrations xoxo



I miss my family so much but times change and there was no way for me to go home. Being away from them has really opened my eyes to so many things. Distance truly does make the heart grow fonder. I have seen christmas in a new light this year. I am hyper aware of all the smiling kids, happy families and love all around me. It has made me realize that I am healthy, I am happy and I am loved. Life is good....christmas will come and go and my family will always be there.

To my immediate family-- Mum, Dad, Sally, Andy, Lys, Ethan, Caitlyn, Mike and Tom: I Love you all and wish you nothing but joy and laughter this upcoming year.

To my urban family--Dean, Evan, Lauren, Shawna, Sean, Hayden & Matt: I could not survive without you guys. You make me laugh everyday and keep me sane. I wish you guys so much happiness.

To my new nurse family: Natalie, Rebekah, Nat, Betsy and Alex...here's to saving lives and to laughing our way through night shifts!

MERRY CHRISTMAS TO ALL, AND TO ALL A GOOD NIGHT xoxoxoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment