Sunday, August 26, 2012

the birthday reflection







Well here we are....another birthday is upon me tomorrow and it's insane as I reflect on what a year it's been.



GOT MY DREAM JOB
A FINALS FINISH AT BOA ATLANTA WITH THE FALCON SOUND
TRIP TO CANADA
WINNING MY SECOND WGI WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP WITH FLANAGAN
NEW FRIENDS
CHRISTMAS IN THE MIDDLE OF SUMMER
 
A YEAR WISER.
 
 
 
The last few years i've been traditionally dreading the inevitable day of birth with the usual "i don't want to get older" comments.....this year though, feels different. I can't quite explain it except to say that after the year i've had, i truly believe ANYTHING is possible. I was discussing optimism with a friend the other day and it got me thinking; am I really optimistic or do I just believe that if i ask for what i want enough times it will happen? Or is there a difference? Maybe that's exactly what optimism is. I looked it up....The definition is :

op·ti·mism/ˈäptəˌmizəm/

Noun:
Hopefulness and confidence about the future or the successful outcome of something
 
 
It's been an amazing year of starts and stops, tears and laughter, joy and pain. I am a year older and while I hope to remain eternally youthful on the outside, I've realized that it's what's inside my brain and heart that are going to propel me forward in the years to come. This year will be my best yet.
 
 
PLAN34:
Make money, lots of it
Highest placing fall season
Buy a house
 Change someone's life
Save someone's life
Win WGI DCI or both :)
Make new friends
Learn spanish
Fall in love
 
Here's to wishing for the best year yet,
knowing it will happen and enjoying it when it does
 
 
 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment